[Back to All Recipes]
A delicious type of nut butter that can be spread on waffles/pancakes/bread, fruits and even vegetables like celery or pita chips. Use it for multiple recipes, to achieve creamier and richer results....
4 cups of roasted unsalted almonds (I them at Whole Foods)
*I put in a little Udos Oil about a Tablespoon or so depending on how much you need and I used my LSA mixture for this recipe. It's a mixture of Flaxseeds, Sunflower seeds and Almonds. I put about 3 cups of this mixture in my Ninja and added the UDO's oil and blended for about 4 minutes and added in about 1 /4 teaspoon of sea salt. It came out delicious! Taste like peanut butter! Our Aussie Titan loves it too!
½-1 teaspoon of sea salt
*I use my Ninja Food Processer for this recipe
- Buy bulk roasted/unsalted almonds from Whole Foods, Trader Joes, SunFlower, (or any other store that sells bulk)
- Place almonds in a ziploc bag or any other tight container – almonds will stay fresher longer. You can also store them in the freezer
- Place 4 cups of almonds in the food processor
- Cover and start processing for about 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides, close lid and process for another 2 minutes
- Open lid, add the sea salt (almonds should have a buttery and creamy consistency at this point); continue to process for 1 -1.5 minutes
- Scoop almond butter out and store in a container with tight lid. I use an empty (cleaned out in dish washer) pint size hot sauce jars or mason jars which can be purchased at Target, Walmart and some grocers carry them in different sizes.
Enjoy your healthy almond butter!
Keep refrigerated and it will last 1-2 weeks.
Homemade Pita Chip Recipe
The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.