These are the most amazing incredible brownies we have EVER tasted!! I mean it seriously! AND to think they are actually good for us too! Healthy brownies, who would have thought!!! No grain, no pain! Grain gluten free, Paleo. Go ahead indulge yourself! You’re worth it!
I call these my no grain no pain brownies because my tummy is doing the happy dance after eating these! OH YEAH!!!
The only change made to my friend Lindsey Crouch's recipe below was to add chopped walnuts instead of pecans in the brownies because I didn't have enough pecans and had a lot of walnuts which are one of the healthiest foods on the planet! Walnuts not only taste great but are a rich source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and an excellent source of those hard to find omega-3 fatty acids. Like most nuts, they can easily be added to your Healthiest Way of Eating (like these healthy brownies!). Just chop and add to your favorite salad, vegetable dish, fruit, or dessert.
I added the chopped pecans on top with some flax seeds. Next time I'm going to sprinkle a little kosher or sea salt on top before baking! We love our chocolate salty sweet! See her link to Guiltless Superfoods below to order their grain free flour! You will not regret it! Yum Yum!!!
1/2 cup Coconut Oil (measured in solid state)
8 oz Dark Chocolate (your preferred %) chopped or chips
1 cup Coconut Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Guiltless 7 Seed Flour
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1 cup Pecans, chopped
*optional ground flax seed, chia seed and extra chocolate chips to top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch (or 9x9 inch) square pan with non-stick cooking spray. (Lining pan with parchment paper helps brownies to come easily, too, but not necessary.)
2. In a small sauce pan on low heat, place coconut oil and 8 oz of dark chocolate. Melt together, stirring frequently.
3. Once chocolate is melted, pour into a large bowl to cool slightly. Whisk in coconut sugar.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each one. Whisk in vanilla.
5. Add Guiltless 7 Seed Flour and Sea Salt, and whisk until well combined.
6. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and chopped pecans to batter.
7. Transfer brownie batter to prepared baking dish, and spread evenly. (*optional, top with a sprinkle of ground flax seeds, chia seeds and extra chocolate chips) **I am going to add some kosher or sea salt on top next time too!
8. Bake for 38-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached.
9. Cool completely (at least 10 minutes) on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
10. Cut into 9 squares for larger brownies or 16 squares for smaller brownies. *If you put them in the frig over night (IF there's any left!) they will get a bit hard, so leave them out a few minutes to soften up! Oh so chewy and yummy!
See Lindsey's blog and more guiltless recipes, order your Guiltless Grain free flour at this link or buy it at People's Pharmacy in Westlake, Lamar in Austin. Now available at our local Bee Cave HEB in the gluten free freezer isle! They have some Dallas locations too! Well worth the price to have good gut health!
Check them out here -
Always Craving the Good Stuff!
Gluten Free Lady