2) “...laboratory-confirmed viral infections were significantly higher in the cloth masks group. Virus particle penetration was almost 97%. ...the results caution against the use of cloth masks.. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks, and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection.”
3) “...surgical and handmade masks, and face shields, generate significant leakage jets that have the potential to disperse virus-laden fluid particles by several meters. ....They all showed an intense backward jet for heavy breathing and coughing conditions. It is important to be aware of this jet, to avoid a false sense of security that may arise when standing to the side of, or behind, a person wearing a surgical, or handmade mask, or shield.”
4) JAMA: “Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.”
***FYI - Unfortunately the PubMed articles were removed. Interesting isn't it?***
5) “Face mask use in health care workers has not been demonstrated to provide benefit in terms of cold symptoms or getting colds.”
6) From one meta analysis of masks to prevent infection, N95 masks and respirators no less: “None of the studies established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”
7) “...both surgical and cotton masks seem to be ineffective in preventing the dissemination of SARS-CoV-2 from the coughs of patients with COVID-19 to the environment and external mask surface.”
8. NEJM: “We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. ....The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”
9) Just a note, respiratory acidosis is bad and leads to also polyuria, urinary acidosis, kidney damage, and hypercapnia. The stress response from lowered oxygen causes cortisol to rise, potently so, which lowers immune vigilance increasing infection risk. “Respiratory acidosis develops when air into and exhaled from the lungs does not get adequately exchanged between the carbon dioxide from the body and oxygen from the air.”
10) Also note, deoxygenation is bad and not only leads to and/or exacerbates headaches disorders, a hypoxic state can create and/or activate malignant cells within 48 hours. Know what else leads to increased cancer risk? Acidosis. (note article above this one on respiratory acidosis) This is old work from Otto Warburg himself. “Most health care workers develop de novo PPE associated headaches or exacerbation of their pre-existing headache disorders.”
11) The meta analysis is the most reliable data set as the reproducibility of results is scientifically so powerful. Long, Y. et al. (2020) “Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks against influenza: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” J Evid Based Med. 2020; 1- 9.
12) “A total of six RCTs involving 9,171 participants were included. There were no statistically significant differences in preventing laboratory-confirmed influenza, laboratory-confirmed respiratory viral infections, laboratory-confirmed respiratory infection, and influenza-like illness using N95 respirators and surgical masks. Meta-analysis indicated a protective effect of N95 respirators against laboratory-confirmed bacterial colonization (RR = 0.58, 95% CI
The following is a transcript of the highlights (by Henna Maria) from Dr. Margarite Griesz-Brisson’s recent extremely pressing video message, that was translated on-air from German into English by Claudia Stauber. Video at the end of the transcript.
From Cynthia Foster, MD - Do you need proof that masks don’t block viral transmission? I have over 50 posts in my photo album “Science of wearing masks” with scientific proof & references. #ConventionallyTrainedMD
Stay Healthy & Free!
Gluten Free Lady